Visitor’s Visas do not allow for work or study. Applications for the purposes listed below need to be applied for at the SA Representatives abroad. These visits cannot be extended or changed whilst the applicant is in SA.

Academic Sabbaticals

Voluntary / Charitable Activities


Spouses & Dependent Children of holders of a Work and other Visas

Educators teaching at International Schools

All related to the production of films & advertisements

Foreign Journalists seconded to SA by foreign news agency

Visiting Professors or Lecturers or academic researchers

Artists wishing to write, paint or sculpt

Persons involved in entertainment industry travelling through,

Tour Leaders

Persons testifying as state witness’